100 Things about Me
I have started the list and hopefully will have a chance to finish it.
1. I am anal retentive as hell
2. I am overly analytical
3. I love European Cars…Audi being my favorite
4. I love Le Mans style auto racing
5. I admire intelligence & beauty
6. I am insecure…from issues going back to my childhood and how I was raised
7. I love/admire/respect my Grandparents…they have been gone for over 2 years now
8. I was a combat medic in the Ohio Army National Guard
9. I still love Hair Metal…Poison, Warrant, White Lion and Motley Crue being some of my favorites
10. I love to cook and grill
11. I have a weakness for Williams-Sonoma
12. I love All-Clad cookware
13. I love Wusthof cutlery
14. I prefer micro-brewed beer to wine, but can appreciate a good wine with a good meal
15. I use hair products…American Crew...Forming Cream for all over and Fiber to make my hair stand up in the front
16. I am not gay...I am very heterosexual...but the question has come up more than a few times over the years
17. I enjoy a good cigar
18. I consider myself to be a Fiscal Republican/Social Democrat (I am registerd as a Republican)
19. I graduated from college with Honors
20. I was the Founding President of a Pre-Professional Fraternity in college
21. I don’t know how I graduated high school…honestly, I only remember studying for one exam during my entire time in high school…and the situation was that my History teacher told me that I needed to pass the final exam in order to pass the class and thus graduate…so, I studied with a good friend and a really attractive cheerleader…I remember thinking to myself, as we were studying at her house, that perhaps I had really missed out on something during high school…this “studying thing” was kinda’ neat.
22. I love romantic comedies
23. When Harry Met Sally is the standard by which all romantic comedies are to be judged...some of my other favorites are A Lot Like Love, Kissing a Fool and Before Sunset
24. My high school sweetheart's name was Jenny…she went to a Christian school and I was a product of the public school system.
25. “The one I let get away” is now married with a child...she went to a Catholic High School.
26. We dated for 2 years, lived together for 3 more years, broke up when we were 25 and were best friends for 4 years (our friends joked that we were like Will and Grace and I always felt the need to interject “but I am not gay”) then she met her fiance' and our friendship ended
27. I love to watch tennis…I came of age during the Sampras, Agassi, Courier, Chang era.
28. I had a big crush on Steffi Graff…I hold no ill will towards Andre since he stole my girl
29. I am a coffee snob…Starbucks French Roast being my favorite
30. I drink my coffee strong and black
31. A perfect Saturday morning for me is to be sitting in a coffee house on a sunny, cool, crisp fall morning reading and people watching…and of course enjoying a good cup of joe.
32. I first started drinking coffee during Army Basic Training, at Fort Knox, only because it offered warmth.
33. My favorite city is Columbus, Ohio
34. Columbus has a surprising number of coffee houses…Cup-O-Joe and Stauf’s being two of my favorites
35. One of the biggest mistakes of my life, and without going into too much detail, was leaving Columbus…I moved because of medical school...funny how the seemingly benign act of relocation can drastically alter one’s fate...the whole Butterfly Effect thing
36. I am neurotic to the core
37. In my life, I have pushed away too many attractive women and really good people because I was too focused on myself and my career…and now I don’t have my career or those great relationships.
38. My pride has gotten in the way too many times.
39. My first car was a ‘69 Camero
40. My first job was working at Wendy’s (Fast-food Hamburgers) during high school…I had some great times and have some great memories from that job...Jenny (my highschool sweetheart) also worked there.
41. I actually began working at Wendy’s because my father said I had to “get a job.” The reason being is because I was expelled from school during my sophomore year.
42. During college I worked as a patient care technician on an orthopedic unit…again, some great times and memories…in fact, I think this was one of the happiest periods of my life.
43. I thought I would be so much further along at this point in my life.
44. I wear glasses.
45. It took me almost 6 months before I found the perfect pair of eyeglasses
46. I almost got a tattoo once…this was right after high school and the situation was a friend and myself had been drinking and decided that we were going to get one but when we went to the tattoo parlor they were closed...if they weren't, I would be walking around with either a rose on my shoulder or barberd wire around my bicep.
47. My two cousins are like my brothers…I love them very much.
48. I have never been married nor do I have any children...this is by choice
49. I like going to the movies by myself
50. I often look at other people/total strangers and idealize their lives…you know…that person has a great career and family and is happy and enjoying their lives…blah, blah, blah
51. I have worked as a volunteer for an AIDS Foundation and in an Emergency Room
52. I won several bodybuilding competitions as a teenager, held one title and even qualified for Nationals.
53. I was a personal trainer
54. I always wanted to get into photography (black and white) of the human form/nudes
55. My favorite photographer is Gabriele Rigon, he is incredible...his work can be found at www.gabrielerigon.it
55. I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar
56. I like to visit museums
57. I tried to pick up the game of golf…it was too slow and frustrating…I much prefer tennis.
58. I love to grocery shop at Whole Foods and open air markets.
59. I fear that I am going to spend the rest of my life “always searching” and being “unfulfilled.”
60. In high school I had aspirations to be an architect, when I first started college I thought I wanted to be a physical therapist, I went on to medical school to be a doctor, but now I am lost.
61. I have OCD
62. I have ADD
63.I have been dealing with depression for most of my adult life but only over the last three years has it become debilitating.
64. I fear and welcome death
65. I miss my idealism
66. On two seperate instances I have "motivated" or been a "major infuleuce" for people to pursue a higher education...in one instance it was a friend, who was so inspired about my passion to go to medical school, she decided to go to law school and the other was a friend who I met in medical school and was thinking of dropping-out but she decided to stay...now one is a Lawyer and the other is a Doctor and I am screwed!
67. I really hate being this bitter person that I have become
68. My favorite ice cream is Hagen Dazs vanilla...with Hersheys chocolate syrup
69. I am a Diet Coke person
71. I have on two separate occasions in my life picked up a homeless person who was sitting on the side of the road with a cardboard sign asking for help…on each occasion I took them to a fast food place and told them to order whatever they wanted. They were both very thankful…one guy was a Vietnam Vet and he sung me a song he wrote…it was quite good…the other guy told me he had lost his wife and his “life just fell apart.” I returned them each to the spot where I had picked them up.
72. I fear that I may be homeless one day
73. I am the world's worst speller
74. I am materialistic
75. My favorite meal is breakfast...I especially love overly-indulgent, lazy Sunday breakfasts...I prefer french toast to pancakes...sausage links to patties...and the syrup must be pure maple syrup
76. I hate OJ from concentrate
77. I enjoy cleaning and find it to be very therapeutic...the whole immediate gratification thing
77. I love live jazz
78. I gave the eulogy at my Grandfather's funeral
79. I have always wanted to drive on the Autobahn